Today, the Faculty of Education marks the opening of the Year of Alumni!
The Year of Alumni will focus on five main goals:
- Recognize the outstanding contributions of the UBC Education alumni community locally, nationally and internationally.
- Build on current professional development resources to increase accessibility and applicability to today’s career climate.
- Expand networking opportunities through online forums and alumni social events.
- Develop greater links between current education research and practice through communication, programs and events.
- Enhance awareness of innovative developments in the Faculty to enhance the experience of students and future educators.
As part of the Faculty’s The Year of… initiative, and in conjunction with the University of British Columbia’s Centennial, the Faculty of Education is recognizing the achievements of 100 outstanding and diverse alumni from September 2015 to August 2016.
Education’s 100 were selected for their dedication, impact and expertise as community leaders in their professional area. These 100 alumni are profiled on our website and will be featured in the Vancouver Sun on September 19, 2015. The Faculty’s Development and Alumni Engagement team extends their appreciation to the various selection committees.
Please join us by participating in our programs and events throughout the Year of Alumni!
The Faculty has close to 50,000 alumni and should someone not have been recognized in Education’s 100, there will be many opportunities at events and in our communications to share the successes of our alumni during the Year of Alumni. Please share those names with the Development and Alumni Engagement team by emailing Ashley Cochrane at firstname.lastname@example.org.